To start the audio of this message go to the bottom of this page and click on the arrow OR
read the synopsis below and then click on the arrow at the bottom of this page.
Synopsis of: The Judgment of God isDiscipline
Because He Loves
Good and joyful day today to all Christian brothers and sisters on this the day the Lord has made. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of coffee, or tea, or milk, or whatever is your favorite, we’re about to slice a piece of the Bread of Life, the Word of God. And today’s slice comes from:
Psalm 98:8 Let the rivers clap their hands; let the mountains sing together for Joy before the Lord, for He is coming to judge the earth; He will judge the world with righteousness and the people with equity.
As we consider the lessons from the recent election discussions, a major factor was that more moral firewalls were breeched as America continues down the road defined by the Lord, in His Word, as “wickedness.” This is the path He says He will judge the world for. We are no doubt headed for increasingly severe judgment. But, we must keep in mind that God’s judgment is not condemnation but discipline from the Lord for those He loves.
The Lord always reasons with nations before He sends judgment. He is customarily gracious and merciful, preferring mercy over judgment. However we can expect the discipline to become more severe if we continue to resist and go down the wrong path. There is a time when only severe judgment will work. Then there is a time when no discipline will work, and that is followed by destruction.
There are four major grounds that causes God’s judgment on a land in Scripture:
1) The shedding of innocent blood, ( like abortions )
2) Turning to what the Lord defines as “wickedness,” ( things that separates us from Him )
3) Turning from the Lord to worship idols, ( excessive indulgence of anything above Him )
4) Simple rebellion. ( simply –renunciation of authority )
These are the four most frequently addressed in Scripture and have the most severe consequences.
For more than half a century, America has been heading in the wrong direction on all four, and are under an increasingly severe judgment. Nothing to date seems to have gotten the attention of more than a few. Now let’s briefly look at these four factors:
1) The shedding of innocent blood. Many argue whether an embryo should be considered alive, but God’s definition is that the life is in the blood. If there is blood, there is life, so in His eyes, the embryo is alive immediately after conception. Even the meanest of beasts will willingly sacrifice their own lives to protect their young, so the sin of abortion is falling below the beasts in this basic morality.
2) Let’s turn to what the Lord defines as “wickedness.” Sexual immorality in any form, like adultery is defined as wickedness in Scripture. But; “perversion” simply meaning “to divert from original intent” and “homosexuality” are especially singled out. That’s not my idea. I repeat – that’s not my idea… it’s the Bible’s.
3) Turning from the Lord to worship idols.
An idol is not so much what we bow down to as much as what we put our trust in, instead of God. Money is the most prevalent idol that people put their trust in rather than God. How about popularity, acceptance and position? Where do we stand in this?
The only commandment with a promise, which is stated in both the Old and New Testaments, is to honor our fathers and mothers. The promise is that it would go well with us and that our days may be long in the land that the Lord has given to us. Deuteronomy 5:16 “Honor your father and mother.” Think about this: Where does it say in Scripture to honor the youth? Nowhere. Many times we are told to honor the elders. Where does the youth-centric emphasis that we have today come from? Do we need to even talk about the rising rebellion from the youth?
To listen to this message click the arrow below: