To start the audio of this message go to the bottom of this page and click on the arrow OR
read the synopsis below and then click on the arrow at the bottom of this page.
Synopsis of Teaching His Teachings
Good and joyful day today to all Christian brothers and sisters on this the day the Lord has made. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of coffee, or tea, or milk, or whatever is your favorite, we’re about to slice a piece of the Bread of Life, the Word of God. And today’s slice comes from three verses of the book of Matthew of the questions that were thrown at Jesus during his ministry. My purpose is only to demonstrate the reason for my message today.
Matthew 19:3 Some Pharisees came and tried to trap him with this question: “Should a man be allowed to divorce his wife for any reason? 4 “Haven’t you read the Scriptures?” Jesus replied.
Matthew 19:15 Someone came to Jesus with this question: “Teacher, what good things must I do to have eternal life?” 17 “Why ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “Only God is good. But to answer your question….
Matthew 21: 23 When Jesus returned to the temple and began teaching, the leading priest and other leaders came up to him. they demanded, “By whose authority did you drive ut the merchants from the Temple? Who gave you such authority?” Jesus replied. “Only God is good. But to answer your question, you can receive eternal life if….
These are only a hand-full of questions asked of Him in the New Testament. Jesus used Scripture to give answers to some who were trying to trap him, but most were simply wanting to satisfy their understanding, or the misunderstanding of their of the Word of God.
Jesus had direct access the God the Father for answers. However, He simply answered according to the scriptures of that day. I hope to do the same today. I have listed a series of questions that I, and other ministers of today have received . My purpose is three-fold:
• To appease some questions you may well have on your mind.
• To help convince you that God’s Word has answer to all our problems.
• To assist you realize that as His disciple, you have access to those questions you may encounter in ministering to both those who are shooting questions to attack your beliefs and those who are sincerely:
1. are considering becoming a Christian
2. or, needing help understanding the Bible.
So… the title of today’s message is: Teaching His Teachings.
And here is some topics of the questions answered by Christ….
- What does “not casting your pearls before swine,” mean?
- What does “fruit of the spirit” really mean?
- Why did Mary request the miracle?
- Why did Jesus instruct to not tell of his miracles?
- Why was “sinless” Jesus put through the wilderness temptations?
- Why did Judas not recognize Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane?
- What was the difference of the betrayal of Christ by Judas and Peter?
To listen to this message click on the arrow below.