To start the audio of this message go to the bottom of this page and click on the arrow OR
read the synopsis below and then click on the arrow at the bottom of this page.
Synopsis of God’s Wake Up Call
Good and joyful day today to all Christian brothers and sisters on this the day the Lord has made. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of coffee, or tea, or milk, or whatever is your favorite, we’re about to slice a piece of the Bread of Life, the Word of God. And today’s three slices. Two of them are warnings and the third a blessing. They comes from:
Joel 2:31 “The sun will be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood before the great and dreadful day of the Lord comes.”
Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus says the Lord: “Behold, I will surely bring calamity on them which they will not be able to escape: and though they cry out to me, I will not listen to them. So do not pray for this people, or lift up a cry or prayer for them”
Psalm 145:8-9 The Lord is gracious and merciful: slow to hanger and great in loving-kindness. The Lord is good to all, and His mercies are over all His works.”
You may have said or heard your Christian friends say that our nation is in serious moral decline, and that it is sliding relentlessly away from biblical values. I have expressed those words myself with increasing regularity, because I believe them to be true. Since our Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776, there has been a remarkable consensus about the Judeo-Christian system of values. Even though many citizens were not committed to Christ in their day, people have tended to be supportive of marriage, children, honesty, frugality, morality, the existence of God, and many truths of Scripture. America’s prosperity and influence in the world were rooted in those common beliefs.
Alexis de Tocqueville, the noted French historian and political thinker, visited America on a fact-finding assignment in 1831 and was surprised to find fervent Christian beliefs throughout its government and citizenry. This is what he wrote in his historic book, Democracy In America: “…there is no country in the whole world in which the Christian religion retains a greater influence over the souls of men than in America, and there can be no greater proof of its utility, and of its conformity to human nature, than that its influence is most powerfully felt over the most enlightened and free nation of the earth…
“There is certainly no country in the world where the tie of marriage is more respected than in America, or where conjugal happiness is more highly or worthily appreciated…”
Other than the horrible evil of slavery and the Civil War to which it led, the Christian commitment observed by de Tocqueville prevailed for more than 200 years. In the late 1960s however, it all began to unravel. Under a relentless assault from the media, the popular culture and various social movements, it became like a level-five hurricane that slammed into every dimension of society. The storm is still howling today, and indeed, its intensity seems to be gathering momentum.
I monitor those cultural markers regularly. I try to stay abreast of what is happening. Both through science, such as NASA, and also the spiritual men of God’s thoughts on the matter; such as James Dobson, Charisma Magazine, John Hagee, just to name a few.
In the past two months I have seen a disturbing increase in political and social chaos. Let me share just a few of the developments that illustrate what is descending upon us. Listen to these items and decide for yourself.
1. The federal budget proposal a few weeks ago, had hidden in the 218-page document another $286 million for Planned Parenthood’s abortion business
2. It was reported by CBS that this Administration has spent $770 million in recent years to rebuild and renovate mosques overseas. .
3. Also in early March, Lena Dunham, the creator and star of the cable sitcom, Girls, appeared totally nude in a two minute skit on Saturday Night Live. She was naked as a jaybird. Dunham was accompanied by her co-star, Taran Killam, who was wearing nothing but a scanty leaf. Not only was the skit obscene; it mocked the biblical account of Creation and the Creator.
4. The following comments were reported in Salon Magazine, dated September 2013. In a recent interview with Time magazine, Richard Dawkins, noted author and advocate for Darwin and evolution, attempted to defend what he called, ( brace yourself for this ) “mild pedophilia.” What about the shame and anger often last a lifetime. Dawkins’ words are hurtful.
5. The majority of voters in Colorado have foolishly legalized and decriminalized the sale, distribution and use of marijuana. State officials are bragging about the $2 million they generated in tax revenue in January by the sale of weed. Marijuana is available now in the form of candy and beverage products, which are especially attractive to the young and those in the inner city.
6. According to Christian News Magazine: Perhaps before this message hits your home, the ultra-liberal Supreme Court of Colorado will have ruled on whether it is constitutional for our governor to proclaim a Day of Prayer.
The ruling will be announced on the National Day of Prayer.
7. Though it has not yet occurred in this country, the legislature in Belgium has decreed that disabled or diseased children as young as 12 can decide to be euthanized (killed.) The vote was 86-44 in favor of enactment, and the legislators had wide public support.14 What is also distressing is that there has been almost no outrage about the measure in America.
8. The Walt Disney Company will eliminate funding to the Boy Scouts of America, beginning in 2015, in protest against a policy that bans gay adult scout leaders in the organization.17
These are just a few of hundreds of news stories that caught my attention in recent months. have been desensitized by what is happening to our culture. Nothing shocks us any more, and our nation is, indeed, losing ground morally.
The question is, what do we do about it? Would a more conservative political party be able to turn the country around? Probably not. Could a man or woman of character set us on the right path? Possibly, but the change would be superficial and temporary unless the people rise up to demand it
The Attorney General’s Commission on Pornography in 1985-86, at the invitation of President Ronald Reagan. wrote a 2000-word report that resulted in 26 changes in the law that were later passed by Congress.
America was beginning to cleanse itself and the worst offenders were convicted and given life sentences in prison. It was a potent time. Then the Internet came into popular use and it made pornography accessible to all. President Bill Clinton was elected in 1992 and quickly dismantled the legal apparatus to oppose the sale and distribution of obscenity.
What, then, is the solution to our moral crisis? Who will defend the institution of marriage? How will children be protected? The same answer is relevant to each question. It is concerted and fervent prayer. By-the-way, concerted, means : combined or collaborative prayer.
If depravity becomes so pronounced and pervasive, there will come a time when calamity will fall on us. Has America reached a point of no return? I don’t know. I pray not.
I regret having to bring this disturbing information to you about the culture at this time, but America cannot long endure the consequences of blasphemy, violence, infanticide, and immorality. Ours is a holy God who will hold us accountable at some point. I believe it is my obligation, having had the Lord name me “Shofar,” to tell it straight. America is in peril. It is time to call on Him. Or, perhaps He is already calling on us. That is the title of today’s message….. God’s Wake Up Call.
Earth and Sky recently had an article —-” What is a Blood Moon?” It is a lunar tetrad – four total lunar eclipses in a row – began on the night of April 14, just recently
Two Christian pastors, Mark Blitz and John Hagee, use the term Blood Moon to apply to the full moons of the upcoming tetrad John Hagee appears to have popularized the term in his 2013 book Four Blood Moons: Something is About to Change.
These are the dates for the upcoming tetrad – four successive total lunar eclipses 2014: Total lunar eclipse: April 14 and October 8
2015: Total lunar eclipse: April 4 and September 28
Want more ?…. check out NASA’s facebook – NASA also predicts that the blood moon will be visible in North America again on Oct. 8, April 4 and Sept. 28, 2015. The organization has said tetrads are not especially rare, and there are eight sets believed to be occurring before 2100. NASA’s Bill Ingalls said, Tuesday’s first of four lunar “Blood Moons” eclipses mark one of the two earth-shaking events, depending on your viewpoint: Either a critical moment in the unfolding prophecy of the End Times, or….. Tax Day.
While some are predicting the blood moons mean war in the Middle East, others predict Christ’s return.
To listen to this message click on the arrow below.